The Post Delivery Assessment provides transparent and cost effective support for Riverbed SteelHead project deployment and sign-off. This assessment will reduce the cost and underpin Best Practice roll-outs reducing the number of consulting hours needed by up to 50%.
The Post Delivery Assessment will identify and expedite deployment troubleshooting and configuration change requirements by identifying performance hot-spots and providing configuration recommendations. It will confirm correct SteelHead sizing and effectiveness of optimization of protocols.
This assessment is normally carried out over a 30 or 90 day period.
This Assessment will document a SteelHead environment’s actual health and status, benchmarking this against defined optimization success criteria. Whilst this may vary from end-user to end-user success criteria may include measures such as; Estate deployed 100%, healthy and optimized.
No sizing pressure for protocols being optimized during the reporting period, for example:
- TCP connections
- Datastore utilization less than once per month
- WAN utilization
Protocols being optimized against protocols defined as in scope, highlighting any unknown protocols and plus protocols out of scope and their potential impact, some examples are:
- MAPI; in scope target optimization 45%+ actual average optimization during reporting period 55%+ – signed off
- CIFs; in scope target optimization 40%+ actual average optimization during reporting period 48%+ – signed off
- Custom HTTPS delivered application; in scope target optimization 40%+ actual average optimization during reporting period 45%+ – signed off
- Highlighted port 10566 (Netapp SnapMirror replication) not defined as in scope but achieving 60%+ optimization and dramatically reducing replication window, should this be passed through?
- Highlighted several unknown protocols consuming SteelHead assets with poor optimization, identify and consider passing them through if not in scope.
For more information – see Post Delivery Assessment doc